At RevGals there appears to be a new tradition popping up: second Friday's are random! So without further ado I'm getting my random on!
1. If a spaceship landed in your back yard, and three very cute little aliens knocked on your door and asked you to show them around Earth,where would you take them?
This is really hard. I'd love to show them the beauty of this world and all its variety. Like the Grand Canyon, Iguazu Falls in South America, Glen Lake in Michigan, the Smokey Mountains at any time of year (above), the view from our cottage in South Carolina... I'd want them to see an adorable litter of puppies, a baby giraffe, and some over-the-moon new parents with their wee bundle of joy. I'd want them to join giggling children and fawn over couples in love. I'd want them to taste exquisite food and enjoy the breeze and blooms of a spring day. I'd love to show them the marvels of architecture in Paris, the magnificence of the Alps and the beaches of the Mediterranean. We would go dancing with tribes in Africa and boogie to the jibs of a fiddle. My question is, do they need to see a balanced view of what the world is like? Poverty, ruins, illness, neglect...?
2. What is making you grumpy these days?
It's been four weeks since the search committee for my job made their recommendation to my boss, and we have still heard nothing about the outcome. This is ridiculous! If I don't keep my job then I need to find a new one, and it would be nice to know if that were to be the case. Argh!
3. O.K., so now that you got the grumps out, what is one thing today that will be sheerly joyful for you?
Getting home from work and beginning the weekend!
4. Do you have a garden? What are you growing? If you don't, what is your favorite fresh summertime vegetable/fruit/flower?
Our garden has suffered the slings and arrows of dreadful heat and drought this summer. Not to mention that birds have single-beakedly destroyed most of our tomato crop. BUT! Our herbs have endured, and it looks like our peppers may be salvageable. Here's some pesto in progress using our basil.
5. If the aforementioned aliens suddenly demanded all the contents of your closet, OR ELSE (as in clothing, shoes, etc.) but kindly said you could keep three items, what would they be?
A pair of sweats, a comfy sweater and a t-shirt.