Friday, May 17, 2013

friday five: got my travelin' shoes on!

  photo from Following Atticus facebook page, used with permission

It's your road, and yours alone.
Others may walk it with you,
but no one can walk it for you.
--Rumi

At RevGals Deb writes: I reflected on this poem for a while and thought about some new "roads" that my progeny are beginning. Both are graduating (one from high school, one from college). I am also looking at a possible new "road" in a much hoped-for job. It's been a winding path to get this point!

So in thinking about our life's journey, and the rhythm of our lives, here are five questions on this theme...

1. What "road" is in your immediate future? 
This is a timely FF for me, since my road ahead has finally become clear! I'm headed toward a new ministry in animal massage. The most immediate road ahead is raising money for the training. 

2. Where have you been "traveling" a lot lately -- and are you going back there? 
To reach the road referenced above I've done a lot of discerning, research, prayer, processing, resting, and now and again hit the real road to visit family and benefit from various changes of scenery.

3.  Who are your fellow travelers? 
In addition to my mother and husband, there are five people whose companionship and support have been critical on this recent phase of my travels. One of them pointed me to RevGals as a place to connect with fellow travelers. One IS a RevGal, and the others I got to know through yet another RevGal. My dogs are also fellow travelers and provide constant inspiration, support, affection, and amusement.

4.  Who are the unintentional companions (or hitchhikers) that you find on the road with you? 
He doesn't know it, but Tom Ryan, author of Following Atticus, has provided regular encouragement and inspiration through his facebook page.

5.  As a family, we always recite "the traveler's prayer" -- a tongue-in-cheek petition as we pull out of the driveway ("Lord, whatever we have forgotten, may it not be important!") What have you forgotten lately, and did it matter?
I can't remember what I forgot on our last trip. Usually we get by without whatever we intended to bring on the journey and we're none the worse for wear.

BONUS: Share a photo of a road you've traveled. Or of traveling companions who have made the journey special. Or perhaps there's a song or another poem that suits your journey. If so, please share!
photo taken at the West Hartford Reservoir #6
West Hartford, CT

4 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

so glad for your clarity! and your companions en route..
every good wish for the rest of your journey. :)

Ruth said...

What an interesting path you're taking! Blessings on it. And I do love your photo at bottom -- just love a patch of woods in the light.

The Bug said...

I want to walk on that path!! (the actual real one in the photo - not the animal massage one - ha!).

Mike & I should say that prayer before we leave the house on our trip tomorrow.

I'm so glad that you have this new clarity. As you know I think this is PERFECT for you :)

Carolina Linthead said...

What my wife said...SO happy you have clarity! I have been there, dealing with the end of one journey and the beginning of another. I have soaked the sheets with tears of sadness and frustration. But new avenues appeared, and I followed, and the rest is history, figuratively and literally, lol. God bless you and keep you, dear friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails