Friday, September 13, 2013

friday five random!

Second Fridays are often random at RevGals. Here's where today's questions take us!

1. How are you?  What’s up with you?
Generally speaking, I'm great! I'm gearing up to launch my new animal massage practice, with the last bits of training in just a couple of weeks. Yeeha!  The facebook page is operational and I'm now working on my web site. Still need the basics, like business cards and promotional material. Must. Get. The. Word. Out!
2.  Last Saturday, I went to the outlet store and stocked up on underwear for the year.  I love a bunch of new fresh underdrawers!  I also love a cabinet full of paper towels. What silly thing makes you happy?
Although I let things get out of hand too often, I'm a geek for organization. Give me a tidy and well-organized closet or cupboard any day of the week and I'm putty. 
3.  Give a shout out to someone you love, appreciate, or want to thank!
A few weeks ago I received a message from LinkedIn that a friend had written an unsolicited recommendation of me. This is a friend I have never met, but have known through a common interest message board, blogging, and so on. She lives in Australia. She's gone through some significant personal challenges, some of which have mirrored my own experiences, so I have tried to be supportive of her through her journey. Her recommendation was a reflection of her gratitude for that support, and her appreciation for my companionship on the way. It humbled and moved me, and came at a time when it proved to be a support to me, as well. Thank you, Ruth, Love You!
4. Miss Kansas has the Serenity Prayer tattooed on the side of her body.  I sadly do not have a tattoo, and maybe you do, but if you were going to get a prayer tattooed on the side of your body, what would it be?
I'm not a tattoo girl, but if I were to have a prayer tattooed it would be a precis of my favorite verse of scripture (Micah 6:8): Do justice, love kindness, walk humbly with God.
5.  Use some or all or a form of the following words in a sentence: jello, kittens, mercy, dump-truck, tabuleh, terror, skipping, monkey, Rev. , health, and snoring.
The kittens were atop the pile in the dump-truck, tabuleh from yesterday's lunch stuck in their whiskers as they plowed through the debris in search of the jello salad, with utter disregard for the snoring monkey, mercifully asleep at his post.

4 comments:

revkjarla said...

AWESOME play! I love that you have a bloggy friend across the world! animal massage, say more!
also, I now know what my tatoo will say, IF i ever got one!

Tara Ulrich said...

I love Micah 6:8. That would probably be my second choice for a tattoo! :)

The Bug said...

Yep - that would be my (never-in-a-million-years-gotten) tattoo too!

Elaine said...

I like the image of the Micah passage. I could not for the life of me figure out how to all those words in a sentence. I'm impressed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails