Friday, October 11, 2013

friday five: baby, baby, baby!

I never had a chance to play last week's Friday Five (of my own devising!) since we were away visiting the newest grandson, but thanks to Jan, this week's ff gives me another chance to ooh and ah as Nana x 5!

She writes: Today’s Friday is about babies. Tell us about babies in your life, of all kinds, even ideas! Tell us about the babies you’ve paid attention to in your life:

1. babies of family or friends

Meet Hunter, our newest grandson, two weeks old today! He's the sweetest little bundle of love, but what would you expect his Nana to say? We were fortunate to have a few days of just us and the new family configuration. For me it was sublime--I essentially parked myself on the couch and held Hunter! Ken got put to work helping Kenneth configure the interior of the storage shed at their new house.  Yes, I definitely got the better end of that deal!
2. animal babies
I was fortunate to help my own dog (above) as she birthed four pups many moons ago--I was twelve-- and more recently I had the opportunity to foster some orphaned litters of very young puppies. Can't get enough of puppies, and wish we had the space and means to do more fostering.
Then, of course, there's Emma, our son's dog when we cared for her for a stretch of time when she was a pup. And let's not forget my neighbor's baby goats when I lived in Sewanee, TN. I loved to play with them!
3. babies you remember in movies or on tv
In a high school class we watched a movie of a baby being born, and that planted the seed of desire for children of my own. Alas, such was not to be my lot, but I have loved on other peoples children and am a better person for those bonds.
4. babies in the Bible
Well, Moses sort of stands out...
5. anything that may be a “baby” arising in your own life
My new animal massage business is beginning to crawl and is picking up speed! I've completed training and am working on certification requirements. Business cards are in hand, networking is in progress, facebook and twitter are up and running, and the web site is operational. Now all I need are some clients. I'm so excited I get verklempt!
Be creative! Add pictures.

3 comments:

The Bug said...

I love babies! Especially when they belong to other people :)

That Hunter is a cutie!

Terri said...

Beautiful photos, lovely reflection

Jayne said...

Congratulations on the newest member of your football team! He's a doll! LOL @ Danabug!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails