Monday, September 17, 2007

my golden hour

It doesn't matter how many times I make a determination the day or night before about how I will try to fit in everything I need to get done the following morning, it doesn't happen. I have finally figured out why. I crave an hour in the morning with my cup of coffee and some time to just be. When I am deprived of that my day feels off-kilter and incomplete. The challenge, of course, is to get myself up early enough to allow for that hour in my schedule. Somehow that doesn't happen, either, but something's got to give soon. Time to revamp the habits (the night before I can make lunch for the next day, prepare packages for the mail, make the day's list of things that need to get done!) and get on track. Too many things are slipping through the cracks, or left too late. The pace of the day can be managed and I am capable of managing, but I have not made it a sufficient priority. I have not held myself accountable and that needs to change.
First, though, I need that hour with my coffee...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails