Saturday, November 24, 2007

ah, cold in the air!

We've had a few days of temperatures in the high 30's and 40's, and I'm thrilled. It's not that I'm crazy about cold weather--I like it well enough--but cold weather is what trips the internal lever that releases the seasonal spirit and makes it possible to enjoy the holiday to the fullest (snow is a bonus, but I don't expect that). While out earlier today the cold breeze bit against my face and the switch was flipped. "Yes!!!" I proclaimed. "Now we can get ready for Christmas!"

We crazily did some shopping yesterday--we're celebrating Christmas with the kids next week while we're in Texas and, well, shopping had to be done! We even braved the most local mall, but one of our key destinations is set apart from the likes of Target and other biggies, and we found a parking place 30 feet from the store. Go ahead, touch me. I sizzle.

Today we ventured out to a new bookstore in search of a gift, and though we didn't find what we were looking for we stumbled upon a few other things that now mean crossing items off the proverbial list.

This will be the extent of Christmas activity on the homefront for us until our return from the Lone Star state. Tomorrow we have multiple activities after church that mean not returning home until dinner time, and Monday I start early and end with a 6 PM meeting before heading home. And then there's packing. Ugh.

As Julian of Norwich says, "All will be well." Now I just need to decide what name to use as a grandmother...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails