Sunday, October 08, 2006

fall delight

Yesterday afternoon we took advantage of a lovely fall day and headed to Cheekwood, Nashville’s botanical garden. It’s on the old estate of the Cheek family, and the old family home is now a museum, but the grounds are wonderfully landscaped, with nooks and crannies, views and vistas, and little, tucked away spots that play host to some delightful plants and sculptures. There’s a woodland sculpture path that had an interesting collection, including this one with the animals. I couldn’t resist joining them for some conversation. We’re off to SC for a few days to enjoy the tree farm and a quick visit with Mom while she’s there for her fall visit. I’ll try to post from there, but pictures will be a challenge since dial-up and blogger aren’t very compatible.

Blessings on your day!

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Ahhh... one of my very favorite places! I wish I had been there with you. Be safe on your journey and give mom hugs for me. xxx

JulesinParadise said...

Oh, thanks so very much dear Anne for the lovely fall photos...you know how much I miss Autumn! Safe journey my friend.

Maria said...

Looks like a gorgeous place Anne. And your pictures are devine. Hope you have a good trip visiting mom. I'm sure she will be thrilled to see you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails