Monday, June 09, 2008

traveling pants

Well, my happy day was short-lived. While trying to install some software last week my computer didn't cooperate and wouldn't boot up as it should. The computer doc had it from Thursday morning until this morning, when they called to tell me that everything was working just fine. Huh? We'll see how long this lasts. I still need to install the software, as well as get my printer functioning.

Without computer access I enjoyed some decadent television watching, including a light-hearted movie called "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." It's a teenage thing, but it was poignant and sensitive and wise, and gave this adult pause for reflection. Mostly it made me miss my friends, almost all of whom are at a distance and not handy for slumber parties, going to chick flicks, or grabbing a spontaneous latte when the need for face to face conversation arises. Such is my life these days.

Today I am headed downtown to celebrate the noon Eucharist at the cathedral, then do a little window-shopping before an appointment with a new psychiatrist to try to tackle my depression. Too much has been suffering from this illness, and I am more than ready to rise above.
My gratitude today is for Jules, whose birthday it is (and whose card I couldn't get in the mail in time because her address is on the computer!). Happy day, dear friend!! xoxo

3 comments:

Kellee said...

I read the first 3 Sisterhood books and think they're even better than the movie...they were in the "young adult" section at the bookstore but I ventured in and bought them anyway! I really liked them all. There's a fourth now but I haven't read it yet.

Sorry to hear about your depression. Big hugs...I've been there and I know it's not a fun place to be. I hope you are successful in finding the help you need.

I sympathize with you on the lack of girlfriends in close proximity. I have none presently and if it weren't for my sweet boyfriend I would be in a very bad place.

Take care of yourself...
Kellee

Kip said...

Sending you a hug girlfriend and hope you feel better soon as I know how debilitating depression can be. Love you!

JulesinParadise said...

Thank you dearest Anne, I miss you madly and we need a road trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails