representative photo of a celebratory lunchAt RevGals Singing Owl writes: Where I am it is dark, and it is cold, and it is snowing. I really wanted to stay in bed with the electric blanket cranked this morning. Share five things that made getting out of bed worthwhile for you today!
1) Small but essential, coffee! I am fortunate that my husband makes my coffee for me (he drinks a different blend, made in a different pot). That kindness makes the coffee that much sweeter.
2) Getting into my workout routine at the gym. I desire a schedule of four days a week at the gym, and am satisfied with three. Having read recently somewhere that a marriage should have one shared indoor activity and one shared outdoor activity, some reflection on that statement led me to a breakthrough. I have always loathed exercise (unless it's dancing), and have attributed that to the distaste of sweating. This morning I realized that most of the time when I sweat it's because I'm not in shape, and the ache of muscles gasping for oxygen is what I don't like. Aha! This will give me lots to think about on the treadmill this morning.
3) A birthday lunch. Today is the birthday of a new member of our church. She is new to the area (moved here to be with family after her husband died) and knows very few people. At last week's ECW meeting when we discovered today was her birthday, there was a spontaneous eruption of "let's go to lunch for your birthday!" And so we will.
4) A trip to WalMart (groan) to get some embroidery floss. I'm working on a cross-stitch birth announcement for my oldest grandson (yes, it's a tad late) and decided to change one of the color schemes (a pink-clothed bunny just won't do). I need to select new colors.
5) Working on said cross-stitch. The end is in sight!