Monday, November 08, 2010

witwct? (to what is the world coming?)

I was getting ready to climb out of my corner of the sofa to head to bed last night when the newscaster made an utterance that caught me by surprise: "And now we'll go to blah-di-blah to get the LD on the story." Say what? Did she just use acronym jargon in a newscast? And since when did our local news anchors start using phrases like "lo-down" to refer to reporting?

It's sad, but true, that my life is so exciting that I'm posting about inane subjects like this. The good news? It's very early in the week, and there's plenty of room for improvement! Hope yours is more interesting that this post.

5 comments:

The Bug said...

It was a sad sad day when newscasters decided to start trying to be hip. Can you imagine Walter Cronkite saying that? :)

Carolina Linthead said...

Hey, any post with FUBAR in it brightens my day! What a lovely WWII acronym, cousin to SNAFU, I do believe. Are you familiar with the Private Snafu cartoons? Check them out.

Jan said...

This got me smiling. It's more innovative than the quote at my blog!

Jayne said...

LOL @ the Linthead! Love that eye chart there...lol! Reminds me of the time I was speaking with a very professional nurse practitioner about a patient and I relayed some facts which were rather amazing, to which she promptly said, "Dude!"

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails