Tuesday, July 31, 2007

brief update

The days were packed while Junior was home, leaving little time at the computer for much of anything. Even before he left, last week was a nonstop tour of full days at work, evening meetings, and Pampered Chef. My one free day over the weekend was spent trying to recover from the pace of the week and preparing for Sunday: preaching and leading a book discussion. (Gail and Clare, you will be happy to know that I did yield to an afternoon nap!)

We are again into another long week. On the one hand, my time is being spent in meaningful and gratifying work. On the other, the rapid change since returning to full-time work and having little time to myself is hard on me: I crave solitude for rest and renewal, and solitude (and time for stillness) is very hard to come by these days.

I'm thinking that a day off just to organize the office will be necessary. The accumulated piles awaiting attention are becoming overwhelming, and I am losing track of tasks that need to get done. This is a job for Sammy!

Off to work. Will try to get back later!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails