Sunday, May 01, 2011

sunday notebook


Outside my window … 
the rain is falling gently on freshly mowed grass, less weedy garden beds, and Ken's newly planted, started-from-seed tomato and pepper plants.
I am thinking … 
that in spite of some challenges in our life, I've got decent health and a sharp mind (except when it's not, if you know what I mean)
I am thankful for … 
yesterday's beauty and the endurance to get some necessary yard work done
I am hoping … 
to plan some scrapbook layouts this afternoon
On my mind … 
the people of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and parts of Tennessee who have lost their homes, their loved ones, and their communities
Noticing that … 
it's less than two weeks until my birthday!
A few plans for the week … 
one word: Melrose!
From the kitchen …
leftovers and perishables will go on the road with us
Around the house … 
same old, same old!
One of my favorite things … 
morning quiet, especially this morning as the falling rain is gentle and offers up a soothing melody
A picture I am sharing …

the first G&T of the season, enjoyed out on the deck! 
A word about this glass. My grandparents had barware just like this, with field and waterfowl on them. I have so many memories sharing happy hours with them, and these glasses hold a special, sentimental place in my heart. I have no idea why they had fowl on their glasses. Neither of them hunted or were particularly interested in game.  I don't hunt or have any particular interest in these birds either. The connection to my grandparents are why these are in my possession. And not that it matters, but they were a wedding gift from cousins for whom these glasses also stir memories of my grandparents. Just so you know.

2 comments:

Carolina Linthead said...

I love the bar glasses! Glad you are putting them to good use.

Terri said...

Love the barglasses, too. I spent yesterday at the Eastern Market in Detroit (a kind of glorified flea market and farmers market and artists market)- looking in an antique shop for cream sherry glasses...

thinking of in this juncture of your life....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails