Thursday, February 09, 2006

snow on the mountain!

I know this won't thrill anyone but me, but I love snow, and we haven't had any to speak of this winter at all. A few flakes have fallen a time or two, but such a "flurry" was always short lived, and never had a chance to accumulate on ground that was much too warm. But last night it actually snowed enough to stick and cover the ground. I'm so thrilled! This transplanted Yankee has a glad heart this morning, at least while it lasts! Here's the view out the back door of the cabin looking toward the back (and way down there in the corner is Juliet!--she's just like her mama, she loves the snow!) I’m off this morning for St. Louis to see Kathy, and meet Ella for the first time. Gracious, she’s almost two months old! I’ll try to keep in touch from the road, but in the meantime, best wishes to all for a great day!

4 comments:

:Jayne said...

Congrats! I hear wedding bells are in the future!
Wishing you much happiness and many blissful years!

:Jayne

Pam in Moncton said...

Good wishes from me again too! Now as for the snow, believe it or not you have more than we do , which is just plain strange!
Pam

Jayne said...

Well, pooey! All we got were a few lonely flakes from your mountain top! :c) But all the local TV reporters were broadcasting from up there as if it had something to do with our own chances...ha! Glad you all could enjoy it there and that Juliet had so much fun. Be safe on the road dear heart. Hugs to you!

Ruth.E said...

Anne, as the sweat drips off me, or am I glowing, I cannot begin to imagine anywhere cold enough to snow. Wish the picture could have cooled me down. You and Ken, how very exciting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails