Wednesday, April 12, 2006

no rest...

I got home from my cruise trip last night to the news that my friend Kathy had been admitted to the hospital and that complications from her cancer were besetting her. I've managed stage one of unpacking (emptying the suitcase) and will now pack again to head to St. Louis later this morning. Not sure how long I will be gone, depending on what they learn after a surgical procedure this morning to drain fluid from her chest cavity. X-rays indicate that her lungs are a mess and that the cancer has spread.

This picture was taken last week when I was able to visit her while she was on Marco Island for a week with her kids and grandchildren. How convenient to be in Florida at the same time! Cruise pics and tidbits will have to wait for another time. For now, please keep us all in your prayers. Ken, too. I think he'd like to have me home for a change!

6 comments:

Kath said...

Oh, Anne, I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all. Try to take care of Anne, too.
Hugs, Kath

JulesinParadise said...

My thoughts and prayers are with kathy and you. lOVE, jULES

Jayne said...

I will keep Kathy in my prayers... so hate to hear that she's having complications. Give her a big hug and hello from me. Hugs to Ken and you as well dearest. Be safe on your journey.

Pam in Moncton said...

Thinking of you Anne, and especially of Kathy. I'm just catching up today having got back last night and was sorry to see Kathy had taken a bad turn. So glad she got to have that lovely vacation with her family before having to go into the hospital again. Prayers said for her and her family.
Pam

karen said...

Anne, So sorry to hear about your dear friend....For sure I will be keeping her in my prayers...I am sure she is comforted to have you close by...
xoxo
Karen

Ruth.E said...

i hope things are going well for kathy, know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers. how wonderful to have a great friend like you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails