1. Exercise, what do you do if you can't face getting out into the cold and damp?
Ha! The last month has been nothing but bitter cold and wet days. I had gotten into a routine of taking the oldest dog for a long walk, and the weather has put a huge and heavy wrench into what had become a daily ritual and anticipated joy. Tucked inside, well, there's always the morning exercise of raising my coffee cup to my lips, multiple trips to the door to let dogs out, trips to the laundry room, running the vacuum. Sadly, I do not have an indoor routine. I keep meaning to order a dvd for learning tai chi that a friend recommended. Perhaps this morning (yet another rainy day!) I will hunker down and do just that!
2. Food; time to comfort eat, or time to prepare your body for the coming spring/summer?
Having just returned from a three-day retreat where we were served thoughtful menus of healthy food, I am going to endeavor, once again, to do some menu planning. My husband and I both need to shed some pounds, never mind eat better, so this should help some. Yes, yes, that's the ticket!
3. Brainpower; do you like me need to stave off depression, if so how do you do it?
I'm a crossword puzzle junkie, and I'm working on one daily. Even if it's the same one! And sudoku! I'm in a good book now that I've been reading while on retreat, and I would like to 1) finish it before the weekend is out, and 2) start another one and continue the practice. I have been really bad about getting my reading done.
4. How about a story that lifts your spirits, is there a book or film that you return to to stave off the gloom?
Nothing comes to mind at the moment, but if I think of something I'll update this post!
5. Looking forward, do you have a favourite spring flower/ is there something that says spring is here more than anything else?
I love, Love, LOVE Daffodils! They are the harbinger of spring that perks my spirits and reminds me that the world will be green again soon.
Bonus; post a poem/ piece of music that points to the coming spring......Well, we have this to look forward to in April! We're so excited that our son has found a wonderful partner in life. We love Trisha!