Sunday, February 07, 2010

project life - week 5


I am short on time this morning, so will offer my week's images as a single presentation. You've already seen some of them from my days on retreat. It is a pleasure for me to look at them from the distance wedged by life between then and now, and be reminded of the gift that time provided.

A favorite, not previously shared, is the raindrop clinging to the thin, wintery branch, one of many that I passed on an afternoon walk. Such a small thing to command my attention and focus.

Collectively these pictures are a fair summation of the week. does anyone else see a search for comfort? Okay, maybe the gong doesn't appear to fit, but in fact in a silent retreat it is used to summon the community. Our pattern of worship was one of the blessings of the week, so comfort is very much present to me in that image.

Others: a cup of tea on a cold day, and last night's chicken cacciatore. Why is it that every new recipe seems to take hours to prepare, and yet when repeated can be accomplished as one of a multitude of simultaneous tasks? This recipe came from a cookbook designed for healthy eating, and I am happy to report that it is not only delicious but full of fiber.

Today dawns cold and dreary, as most days in the last week have done. I am holding fast to warmth in my heart, however. There is deep gratitude that I managed to haul in when I cast the net of my faith into what I thought was a sea barren of God's presence. (Hint to non-lectionary readers: this is a reference to today's gospel.) That is one of the mysteries and joys of God's world: abundance when none was thought to exist.

Blessings to you this day. May you cast your net into riches unexpected. For some, that means a big biscuit day (wink, wink!).

3 comments:

The Bug said...

Mmm - the chicken looks fabulous! I agree - most of the time it's MUCH easier to make new things the second time around.

Kimberly Mason said...

I have been enjoying the pictures (yesterday and today) sounds like a wonderful week!

Jayne said...

Hugs to you my friend...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails