Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Say goodnight, Santa

Or is it Shepherd? This is my latest Christmas decoration, a gift this year from my friend Kathy. I LOVE this decoration. If you don't already know this about me, I have this thing about sheep. I think they're cute, adorable, irresistable (and yes, I know, they're dumb and smelly), and I collect them. Kathy and I were doing some shopping before Christmas when we both saw this, and she very kindly indulged me with the gift of this unique decoration. I don't know how to explain why it is that this motif of shepherd in santa hat, caring for his sheep, so warms my heart, but I just fell in love with it (don't you just love the wee lamb in his arms?). I hadn't taken a picture of it before Christmas to post with my other decoration pictures, but it's time to pack Christmas away for this year (all two items, LOL), so I needed to seize the moment and take a picture of my guy and his sheep. Here they are.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Anne, I love that Santa shepherd...and the lamb is the finishing touch. It is almost sad when I have to put my Snow People away so I know what you mean. E and I even talk about them as we put them in the box...remember when I got this one, etc.

Now Anne, drag out the hearts and flowers as we honor another saint besides Nicholas soon...Valentiene!

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails