Friday, September 12, 2008

my favorite exchange from "the interview"


GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

Hat's off to Charles Gibson for rising to the occasion pretty well. He missed a few follow-up opportunities, but mostly he kept on point, and tried to keep Ms. Palin on point. She's been well coached on deflection techniques.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I was proud of him too. I was thinking he might just lob her mostly softballs, and so when he was asking very direct and pointed questions (sometimes over and over) and was getting no where with her, I was smiling. I had to giggle too, esp. when he said, "I heard your flurry of words, but...." Yay Charlie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails