Tuesday, September 02, 2008

before and after

Here are pics of the Adirondack chairs that I painted recently, sitting on our new deck! The lighting was less than ideal when I shot the "before" picture (backlit--I still don't know how to force the flash on my camera!), but you get the idea. I found an Adirondack-style side table on Overstock.com that is winging its way to us as I type, and plan to paint it to match (unless I leave it as a contrasting piece). I also found some fabric to make some pillows (much harder than I anticipated--this shade of green, somewhere between avocado and apple-green, is tough to match!), so once that task is accomplished this will begin to look like a real seating area!
There have been requests for a picture of the deck. I haven't done that yet because there are still a few touches needed: a railing on one side, for instance, and stairs! The railing is waiting on a little problem-solving effort (and then the time to implement the solution and install the railing), and the steps are waiting on some ground-leveling to take place, which in turn is waiting on other things! At the moment the deck is essentially a platform, but we're loving it nonetheless (as are the dogs). It's still a little strange to look out the living room window and see it there!

Stay tuned for pics of the above-mentioned upgrades to the chairs, and who knows, maybe even the deck "in progress."

1 comment:

Jayne said...

WOW! Lookie at what you created today! You've been busy girlie! I love the new look and your photo from Melrose is PERFECT for your blog! :c)

Can't wait to see the new deck photos too! So very proud OF you and FOR you!

Much love and warm, tight hugs!

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails