Friday, February 06, 2009

back in the saddle

I've had my nose to the grindstone the last few days working on the church's newsletter. It's the first since my return, and although it was hard to get it started, "once begun is half done," as the saying goes. Still, it is time consuming, especially the clip art! But fun, too. What is different this time around is that I can now create a pdf and email the newsletter out to parishioners. Like today. No printing, folding, addressing, stamping, putting in the mail. I will still have to create a few hard copies the old-fashioned way because there are folks without computers and email, but OMG, the savings in time and money is fabulous. Three cheers for technology!

In the meantime I've been very annoyed with the press (and the public) for raking virtually everyone over the coals for as much as sneezing without permission. Obama, Michael Phelps, you name it, no one is safe. And the Republicans are chastising democrats en masse on the whole tax thing. I'd be willing to bet that more than a few 'pubs have placed calls to accountants to address those "look the other way" incidents on their own records. Just consider the law of averages, people. I imagine Jon Stewart is taking notes with glee.

So that's my ramble. Dull days here in the cedar city. Busy, but dull. Here's hoping that life is more interesting in your corner of the world!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Isn't that great to have the option of an "e-newsletter?" I know what you mean about the snarkiness that seems to be permeating all the news now. Hope you guys have a beautiful weekend. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails