Monday, May 31, 2010

20 questions

I thought my friend Jayne (the other Jayne) wasn't blogging much anymore and it had been a while since I visited hers. Fortunately she posted a link to her blog on facebook, where I found the following. list of questions from the other day (some good ones, too). Thanks, Jayne! I really didn't want to do a conventional holiday greeting today.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Dang, the hair color is fading.

2. Do you miss anyone right now?
Having just spent some time with our daughter, son-in-law and grandsons, I'm missing them. My Mom, too, she was here a week ago. I miss my roommates from graduate school, as well. One law student, one international studies, one med school. Great people, every one of them. I miss my friend Kathy, who died four years ago. I miss her family. And Candy and Steve, friends from St. Louis days.

3. If you could move anywhere else, would you?
Yes.

4. If you could choose, what would your last meal be?
My Mom's chicken curry with rice, pork tenderloin with gorgonzola sauce, and pepperoni pizza, followed by a banana split. Calories be damned!

5. What famous person, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?

Henry VIII

6. what was the last book you read?.

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. (started it ages ago, finished it recently).


7. what was the last movie you watched?
Taking Chance, starring Kevin Bacon. Excellent movie.

8. what was the last song you heard?
I Believe, from the movie Honey, sung by Yolanda Adams. It's the song in the video below.

9. what is your dream vacation?
I always want to go to Scotland, but a new interest is Cantabria, Spain, on the north coast of that country prompts me to want to make plans to go there. And of course, there's always Italy!

10. what is the next trip you will take?
Probably Columbus, GA, to see Kenneth and Trisha.

11. did you ever go to camp?
I did! I even remember a few of the songs we learned.

12. have you ever been in love?
 That would be affirmative!

13. what do you want to know about the future?
If I'll ever be able to retire.

14. where is your best friend?
Gone to the great beyond

15. how is your best friend?
Probably a lot better off than me!

16. who is the biggest gossiper you know?
Fortunately I don't really know any big gossipers

17. what does your last text message say?
Y'all have fun camping!

18. what are 3 things you've always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish?
Sew outfits and quilts for my grandchildren; Visit the Grand Canyon; paint a watercolor of the view at Melrose.
 

18. what are 3 things you've always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish?
Sew outfits and quilts for my grandchildren; Visit the Grand Canyon;

19. what is one thing you learned from your parents?
All people are worthy of dignity and respect.

20. what is one thing you hope to teach to your own children?
If I had my own children it would be to keep an open mind about people and ideas.

So if you've read this far, you need to post it on your blog and let me know so I can learn about you!

4 comments:

Jayne said...

That was fun! :c)

Terri said...

Ok...I'll try to get to it later this week...but first I have an interview to prepare for...

Amy said...

Since I just finished ABC Wednesday (thanks for your comment!), I have to wait a few days to get the time, but I'll try to give it a "go."

It is fun to learn new things about our bloggy friends, so thank you!

JulesinParadise said...

I would love to do this! And I love your answers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails