1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?
Place one cup of rice in a 9" x 9" backing pan. Arrange evenly. Season with salt and pepper and then brown four pork chops and place on top of rice. Season with thyme and marjoram (I ballpark this). Place slices of tomato, green pepper and red onion on top of the pork chops. Pour one can of Beef Consume over all. Bake, covered, at 350 for about an hour (I think), or until consume has been absorbed by rice. This is so easy, and so good.
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
Keys. Eyeglasses are usually a good idea as well.
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
Melrose, my family's tree farm in South Carolina. The view from the porch/front of the cottage restores my soul.
4. Share one factoid of your family's history.
Y'all are probably tired of hearing about my family history after recent posts. Let's see. All four grandparents have ancestors that have been in this country since sometime in the 17th century.
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
wanted to be a nurse. Nearly flunking chemistry disabused me of that desire.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
Gas. We'd be taking a whole bunch of road trips.
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
I wrap (most) presents without using scotch tape or knotting my bows.
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
Value deal Jamocha shake at Arby's.
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
The Cake Wrecks web site.
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
Practice Pampered Chef's "3-2-1" Plan.
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
Write a thank you note.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?
My Mom's arrival for a visit on Friday!