Tuesday, April 07, 2009

happiness is...

This morning happiness is a clean microwave oven. Ah, the simple pleasures of the day.

Whenever I hear the opening "happiness is..." however, I think of You're a good man, Charlie Brown, the musical that debuted off-broadway more than 40 years ago. In that production, to which a cousin of mine had some connection that I can no longer recall (help me out here, Mom), Gary Burgoff played Charlied Brown. This was before he became famous as "Radar" on M*A*S*H, and I was lucky enough to see the performance twice. The words to the song, moving as they are out of context, are even more so in the context of the play, because the blanks filled in within the song refer to parts of the storyline. In any event it's a wonderful song, a wonderful story, and a helpful reminder that happiness can be found in the small things within our day.



What makes you happy today?

2 comments:

Diane Walker said...

Awww...

Jayne said...

There is always something to be happy about. And, by the way, Sam LOVED this Youtube clip. He stood here watching it with me as he rubbed his hand across my back.... awwww.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails