Monday, January 11, 2010

monday miscelany

It's a day of chasing details and crossing items off the to do list. And then... fun stuff! A little creating in my newly cleaned up office, and then this afternoon a trip to the movies to get us out of the house. I usually don't mind extended stays at home, but I am really ready for a change of scenery. There is a world out there, after all, where people live, and move, and have their being. Time to see it again, encounter it in all its humanity and messiness, and contemplate life in the present moment.

I've got two full days of clergy stuff this week, tomorrow and Wednesday. Before you know it it will be the middle of the month and I will be wondering how the heck we got there so soon! There have been days recently when I have not used my time to full advantage and I lament that. I don't dwell on that waste, but it makes me mindful that when opportunities come along to enjoy life, it behooves me to seize them. Which is one reason I am planning to take part in the Friday Night Sew-In. Accountability is a good thing for me, even if it is mainly to myself. And if any of you want to hold me accountable that is okay, too. The temperatures are supposed to move above freezing in a couple of days, and Juliet and I are more than ready to get back out for our walks. There's miles to go before I shed the pounds I seek!

I've now had my coffee, endured a lengthy interruption from a certain spouse, and will head to the shower to get my system kicked into the next gear. Hope your day is a good one.

3 comments:

Janet M said...

Have a good day and enjoy your afternoon at the movies, good way to start the week out.

The Bug said...

Oh I have wasted so much time in the last few weeks! I'm thinking a list might be in order so I'll remember what I should be doing when I'm playing Farkle on Facebook.

"where people live, and move, and have their being..." I really need to get back to church. I haven't tried since we moved - I'm leary of the local Episcopal church because they don't have a rector & I'm afraid I'll get sucked into doing a lot of stuff just because that's who I am. But I'm VERY afraid of all the other local churches because I would be considered a heathen heretic by most of them & I might be tempted to throw my hymnal at the pastor during the sermon. Sigh. I just need to get out there & GO - surely there's somewhere that will accept me, and that I will accept...

Terri said...

sigh...hope the day went well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails