I have been tagged for a meme by The Bug at Bug's Eye View. She has given me the following 7 questions to answer...
That would be West Hartford, CT. It is, actually, west of Hartford, CT, place of my birth, and later the place where I bought my first home (I should try to scan a picture of the house...) We moved there when I was nine from Newington, CT, right next door, so technically Newington is my hometown. I've got more memories associated with West Hartford, however, so that is what I claim. My Dad still lives there, Mom did until a few years ago, and my brothers are in adjacent towns. I'm the one who flew the coop.
2. What’s the hardest part of your average day?
It's probably going to bed without having gotten done what I had hoped, and experiencing that lament of "shoulda, coulda."
3. The easiest? Why?
Those moments after getting up when I can look at the day ahead and think of the possibilities. There's so much potential for the day first thing in the morning!
4. What beverage do you reach for to quench your thirst?
5. What is one not-so-secret goal you have for your life? I’ll let you keep your secret ones to yourself.
I'm really lousy about goals, but the one I did establish for myself recently was to promote to Pampered Chef director before next July. It's not going too well so far. I made that goal during the summer when church work was light. Now that we're in the thick of the church program year, YOWZA! my life doesn't feel like my own. I'm working on that. Old habits are SO hard to change.
6. What physical pain do you fear most? (The Bug's example: she's trying to decide how bad her jaw pain needs to get before she risks a potential needle from her dentist. So, for her, throbbing is preferable to jabbing.)
Wow, what a question. I don't think about physical pain as a thing to fear. I AM fearful of having my quality of life compromised by physical limitations, however. I've already experienced that to some modest extent because of a shattered heel suffered several years ago. My foot continues to give me trouble. But in terms of specifics, I deal with pain as I need to.
7. Where do you find solace?
Hmm, it depends on from what I need solace. If it's emotional hurt, I turn to Mom. If it's a bad day at work, the distraction of television or reading blogs. Illness: bed (I just spent two days there, I can confirm that this is true). If I'm upset to the point of tears, I cry. Sometimes, my husband is solace, but it depends on what I need. I don't generally turn to food for solace, or drink. When Dooley (the dog) was alive, he provided a good cuddle.
Now I am supposed to come up with seven different questions and tag seven people, but seven people don't come here regularly enough to do that, so I'll invite you to play if you'd like! Just let me know you did, please, so I can come read your answers!
1) What is the most memorable gift you received as a child (before graduating high school)?
2) If you could invite someone from any period in history to come for dinner, who would it be, and what would you serve?
3) Do you have a favorite dish you take to pot luck meals? Do you have a favorite dish that you hope someone else will bring to a pot luck dinner?
4) What fictional character would you like to interview (if you don't think you're a good interviewer, overlook that little detail)? Why?
5) What have you created that you are proudest of?
(forgive me for ending that sentence with a preposition--I couldn't figure out how else to phrase it)
6) What was your favorite book as a child (before you were a tween)?
7) If a movie were to be made of your life (or some portion of it), who would you want to star in the role of you?