Monday, November 03, 2008

now this is easy

Nutrition in a bowl. I know, I know, I'm slow to catch on to this, but now that I have of course I have to share this "new" wonder! Breakfast has always been annoying for me because I simply don't have an appetite first thing in the morning. All I wanted was the simple pleasure of sipping coffee.

Now, ever mindful that eating smaller portions more frequently during the day, and packing those with nutritional punch is the way to forge ahead with my plan for better health (and weight), I'm paying closer attention to my options.

Oatmeal is now my friend. Oatmeal with maple syrup, flax seed and raisins. Ah, the righteousness of it all. It's the ultimate health breakfast, and takes less than five minutes to make. And this new routine in my mornings prompted another change--rearranging the contents of some kitchen cupboards based on practical use of items. Now there's a two-fer to make anyone proud!

On another note, today is my first day at the office at Epiphany. I'm waiting to move books and such over until next week, since this coming Saturday we are having a church "work day" and will sort through the items that have accummulated there in the last several years and rearrange some of the space. Today I am doing some nuts and bolts things--like reviewing the membership roles and updating a few things here and there. And taking notes. Lots and lots of notes of all the ideas that pop into my head, as well as the players with whom to discuss those ideas to share the ministry and the vision. My work is cut out for me.

And now, fortified with nutrition and energy-supporting carbs, I'm heading out for the day. Hope yours is a good one!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Good for you! Wish I could say I like oatmeal, but I just can't go there. This looks uber healthy and nutritious! It will carry you through the mornings so that you are not hungry until you need to be. Bravo!

Good luck on your first week as priest-in-charge! Love and hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails