Sunday, January 04, 2009

dashing through the morning!


I overslept this morning so I'm in a bit of a rush to pull myself together and get out the door in time to get to church. And of all mornings... today the bishop will be with us.
I spent the day yesterday preparing for our Twelfth Night party last night. I was pleased with the results, but sadly, we had a low turnout. We enjoyed the guests who did come, and I guess the good news is that we have plenty of leftovers to take to church this morning for the potluck that follows the service! The house got cleaned up a bit as well, which is always a good thing, and floors got mopped!The other event yesterday is that we said goodbye to the puppies. The timing was right for us since we had the party last night, and on Wednesday I head to Denver for a Pampered Chef conference. Still, I miss those adorable little critters and will wonder about them for years. In another month they will head to Connecticut where they have homes waiting for them. I volunteered to drive them (great way to make a trip to see my family), but the arrangements have already been made. Oh well.

Off to beautify myself, as the saying goes. Hope it's a great day for all!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

What a yummy looking spread... sure wish I lived closer! :c) I am sure you will miss the puppies, but maybe there will be more in your future to foster?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails