Tuesday, January 06, 2009

getting out into the world

Well, the blog world at least. I spent most of yesterday devising a blog to serve as a web site for my diocese's new environmental ministry. I am on the steering committee for this group, and though I have a passion for living more "greenly," I am still woefully uninformed on many of the issues and facts. I am catching up, but when you consider that one of our team members is a director with the state Nature Conservancy office, well, you get the picture. So I offered to take on putting together this web site as my part of shouldering the work of our ministry team.

Mostly the work went well, but I am totally stuck trying to position the above image where I want it on the web page. When I have achieved that I'll share the link! I know you all don't care that it isn't perfect right now, but it matters to me to reveal the finished product as I want it to look.

It was, and continues to be, an interesting task doing this work. I surfed the Internet checking out existing web sites that communicate the work being done "out there" on matters effecting our environment. Faith groups are pretty active, and fairly creative. Just goes to show that you don't have to have a lot of money to implement good practices.

Here at home we're recycling fanatics, a good thing, but I'm learning that recycling doesn't have much impact when it comes to making a significant dent in the grand scheme of things. (It's still important, but there's sooooo much more to do.)

Today I'll soldier on trying to wrap up my work on this project, at least for now. I've also got a parishioner recovering from knee surgery, one down with the flu, another who is grieving the loss of her mother, and a child whose legs are temporarily paralyzed from some sort of flu (I can never get the name right). We're a small church, but we're full of human experiences!

Wishing you a green, and healthy day...

1 comment:

Jayne said...

We'll all need to commit to doing what we can in order to make that dent. I need to examine my footprint much more closely. Looking forward to seeing the web site. :c)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails