Saturday, May 13, 2006

happy birthday to me!

It's been an absolutely gorgeous day here, and we had the treat earlier today of a visit from Ken's son, daughter, and son-in-law. In addition to a birthday celebration at lunch I was gifted with a mother's day card and gift, which was quite a surprise, and very touching. It hadn't even occurred to me! (In the picture are Ken and me, Ashley and Travis with Maddie, their Yorkie, and Junior)
While they were here we meandered down the road to see our neighbor's collection of animals, a highlight of which is always the camel! Meet Sally--she's really quite a love, and very affectionate.

There were also turkeys, deer, miniature horses, a kangaroo, goats, sheep, ostrich, emu, pigs, ducks, horses, cows and of course, dogs! You all know I love dogs, but I can't resist Sally.

Tonight our friends in Augusta are coming for dinner, so the party continues. Wish you all could be here to join us. I'll save you some cake from lunch, or if you prefer, we're having strawberry pie tonight. Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

madcow said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ANNE!!! What a gorgeous pic of you all - I'm proud of those kids for making your day extra special. Missing you and wish I was sitting by that fire with you, glass in hand. Hugs & smoochies! Clare

karen said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!! So glad your day was special!!!! How nice you were honored for Mothers Day also!
Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails