Monday, June 05, 2006

feeling spoiled

This has been one of the most gorgeous springs I can recall, and when I get up in the morning and see deep blue skies and those long, early morning shadows cast by brilliant sunshine I breathe deep sighs of contentment. What a treat. We DID have some hot and humid days last week, but more than the usual share of gorgeous days has been the norm, and I have loved it. Most of my plants are doing well (although the Mexican heather got scorched in last weeks heat and needs a little r and r), and my hydrangea almost seems to be purring. Now if only it would manage another bloom! In the meantime I enjoy the one she has put forth. And the cool crispness of the morning air-- sounds like an invitation to walk the dogs...

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Love your clock on kiwi time. Glad to say I get a holiday for the Queen this coming Monday. I like holidays. Your flowers are so beautiful and I am seriously considering a flower garden for me. Maybe an old English cottage one with Lavender and violets growing wild and abandoned - that would be nice.

samtzmom said...

Did you ever order some lilac to plant? :c) The hydrangea is beautiful...

Pam in Moncton said...

Lovely hydrangia. Mine are white. That's about the colour of my rhododendron though.
Pam

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails