Wednesday, June 21, 2006

lest I speak too soon...

I think I have made a breakthrough of sorts with the website. I scoured the "help" sections yesterday in search of answers to my persistent, simple questions. Lo and behold, Eureka! I happened upon an entire section that details how to do some of the things I have been wanting and needing to do. I spent the afternoon printing off pages and pages of documentation. Today I will begin to wade through it and begin to apply those sections I need. This is so time-consuming, but, assuming that I can accomplish what I need to do, it will be worth it. My goal is to get functionality set up. After that I can tweak and fine-tune the look (though I will be sooooo tempted to try to do both at the same time!).

In the meantime Ken is close to finishing replacing the garage door with a real, insulated wall and window which will enclose the space that is now his office (and utility/storage area). There are some huge advantages to this: no more AC being pumped into a space that simply leaks air; no more hardware and equipment hanging from the ceiling; a finished room that no longer feels like a garage but instead looks like an office; and one more thing knocked off the “to do” list!

One thing at a time, one day at a time, we are moving forward.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey Anne, can you send Ken over to give Jason some advise how to close in our garage for more rooms. What a wonderful idea. And good to hear that with just a little more research your website will be the way you want it. Isn't it a shame Kip couldn't just pop on over and work her magic on the website!

Pam in Moncton said...

Nice to see some progress on the website and the garage.
Pam

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails