Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ah, you're lookin' a bit green today!

A happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all!

I have just a wee drop o' the Irish in me blood--near as I can make out, 1/128th! But then there's that part of the family tree where an adoption slips in. (A great-great-grandmother, I believe. She and her brother appear to have been orphaned, and I think her birth name was Hannon. That could be Irish! The void of her past on the ancestral chart looks like a gash amidst all the data from the other branches of the tree. But I digress.) So I may be a bit more Irish than presumed. Never fear, the Scottish part of me dominates.

In fact, I've never really had a hankering to visit Ireland, beautiful as it is, though I must admit that while searching for the above photo I came across a web site for lodging that has me thinking otherwise. Check out Delphi House. The accommodation itself doesn't rank up there with the most alluring, but the scenery does. Maybe that's because it looks so much like Scotland! But I suspect that the fishing would appeal to Ken, and you've got to love a place where the dogs aren't kept out of sight. Well, if you're a dog-lover that has great appeal.

Time to step up paying off the bills so we can travel!

In the meantime may God give you...

For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Love those Irish prayers, and would LOVE to go there someday...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails