Thursday, March 19, 2009

friday five: hope redux

On Revgalblogpals Songbird writes: In the late, late winter, as the snow begins to recede here in Maine, we begin to look almost desperately for signs of spring, signs of hope that the weather has turned and a new day is on the horizon. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, Easter and Spring twine inextricably, the crocuses and daffodils peeking through the Earth as we await the risen Christ.Share with us five signs of hope that you can see today or have experienced in the past.

(I posted this yesterday, but have kicked it up a notch with some photos)

A friend posted an entry on facebook encouraging those battling the bulge (and other dietary issues) to participate in "spring training." No, not baseball, but the timely stepping up of trading bad habits for good ones in the world of--sigh--diet and exercise. The spirit is willing, truly it is, but this flesh is so weak! Even so...

I find hope in the fact that I voluntarily got out of the house the other day to walk through the neighborhood and enjoy fabulous weather...

hope in the increasing availability of fresh vegetables and fruits locally grown...
hope in the blooms that have emerged day by day or overnight on the street and around town...

hope in looking forward to the spiritual renewal that writhes through Holy Week and surprises us on Easter...
Mary Magdalene Discovering the Empty Tomb by H.N. Pollard
hope in the anticipation of seeing family and friends in another month when we go to Melrose...
hope in the signs of renewal within me made manifest by making decisions rather than simply weighing options. If hope persists in such wonderful ways then surely I can manage to cut my portions and increase my exercise. It isn't so hard. It isn't. It's one minute, one hour, one day at a time. It's about choosing life and hope. It's about living into the best life has to offer. It's about joining the renewal of spring.

10 comments:

Jayne said...

Amen my friend, amen. :c)

Janet M said...

Great way to put it Anne, I sure need to work on it.
Miss you and what is happening if anything on the Ohio idea for this summer?
Janet

Unknown said...

I love your pictures and your way of looking at this. Sorry I had to be so vague about my collegial project, I hope to clarify soon!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Great play. Who is the artist for the women visiting the empty tomb?

Bad Alice said...

"Making decisions rather than simply weighing options" - that gives me something to reflect upon, as my ongoing problem is weighing options, researching more, weighing options, researching more, and on and on.

Mary Beth said...

What Bad Alice said. That phrase resounds for me also!!!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Great pictures, especially the women at the tomb!

Jan said...

Wonderful pictures. I've never seen such a surprising picture of the women at the tomb. I love daffodils, and so that picture brought smiles to my face, as did the family one.

RevAnne said...

Great play. Love your pictures and words...

MaineCelt said...

WHat they said... wonderful words and images. And bravo for locally-grown healthy abundance! Savour the fruits of Creation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails