Saturday, March 21, 2009

savoring saturday

There aren't many Saturdays in my life born with a blank square on the calendar. Today, however, is just such a day. There are always things to do, but there is nothing that "must" be done at or by a particular time, or at a particular place. I can linger in my jammies, sip my coffee into the middle of the morning, and find a quiet spot to curl up with a book.

There are things that I want to do and hope to do, but the beauty of this day is that it is mine to claim as I wish. A candle is lit beside me, Juliet is at my feet, and music that I love plays in the background. It's a rare gift, and I'm savoring it.

May your day be one to savor, too.

2 comments:

Janet M said...

Glad you had a Saturday- it's a treasure when those days come along.
Hugs, janet

Jayne said...

I love mornings like that. Glad it was yours to savor. XOXO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails