Tuesday, March 10, 2009

on the lighter side...

And you thought I was kidding about the fabric in the car.

Let me explain. These are decorator samples of fabric, the kind that hang in neat, color coordinated rows in upholstery and decorating shops. The fabric these samples represent have all been discontinued, so the samples were slated for the trash. "Not so fast!" or perhaps sentiments to that effect, were how they ended up with me through my friend Yolande. I never got to the sorting task on Sunday but began to tackle it yestesrday without the detriment of wind that plagued us the day before. But then, I forgot about the detriment of Rigel! With the back of the car open he just couldn't resist checking it out and doing his part to, ahem, help. You have to understand that one of his greatest joys is romping around the yard with something in his mouth. Even better if it doesn't belong to him, if you get my drift. Fortunately the swatch of fabric that he got was not one I was interested in keeping.

Alas, I was struggling with a nasty headache, and standing in the blaring sun on a warm day meant that I didn't get very far in my efforts. But the process has begun and I will deal with it a section at a time (it is a LOT of fabric). What will I do with it, you ask? Small purses and snazzy tote bags are my thoughts, but to tell you the truth, who knows? Ken thinks I'm nuts. You may too, but we're talking fabric, friends!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Holy cow... you did mean FABRIC! Hmmm... let's see... I'll bet you can create all sorts of things... pillows even with coordinating pieces. How fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails