Saturday, March 28, 2009

ouch

A cheerful email arrived in our mailboxes last night announcing the second pregnancy of my step-daughter. It was sent to us and 100 or so of their closest friends.

Ouch is an understatement. There are no words that describe adequately the hurt impaled on our hearts.

I want to say, "remember that commandment? the one about honoring your father and mother? How does this honor your father?"

I want to say, "how does excluding your father from your life model a loving Christian heart to your children?"

I want to say, "was it your intent to be cruel, or are you simply clueless?"

Somehow I will find a way to say, "I can't speak for your father, but I'm really hurt that you didn't call us to share your news. I want to feel excited and happy, but feeling wounded gets in the way of that. How can I encourage you to include us in your life? We are aching to know our grandson."

My prayers have not been enough. My patience has not been enough. My forgiveness has not been enough. And the wounds just keep on coming...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kellee said...

I'm so sad for you. I have no words but echo your thoughts. Hugs.

Jayne said...

Shaking my head... and sending hugs to you. Would it help at all for K to let her know how wounded he feels, or would that just give her satisfaction that she achieved her goal? I can't imagine that T would find it all to be OK. He seemed like a very kind, level headed person. Maybe K could talk to him? I am so sorry for all the hurt that seems to continue. XOXO

Maria said...

I'm sorry. I can't even imagine the hurt that she has caused both of you. I feel sorry for her, cause she just doesn't realize what she is doing to not only you, but the relationship she is missing and depriving her son of. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails