Friday, June 18, 2010

day four--taking shape

He's looking pretty good, isn't he? The halo is in place (and the splotchy look around the edge is intentional), the book cover is looking a bit more finished, and his beard looks less faux. I had to redo the whole neck, but am happy with this . Still a few more details to add, a little touching up here and there, then we varnish and bless our work this afternoon.

There have been many blessings this week, one of which has been that with so much of me dedicated to this work/prayer, nearly everything else has left my mind. Unfortunately that includes Father's Day. I am scrambling this morning to get two cards into the mail, and I have yet to get a card for my own father! All of these will arrive late, which annoys me no end. The gas and water bill must also be paid today, and though I had it carefully in place on my desk so as not to forget it, now it is nowhere to be found. I have a little more leisure this morning to deal with these things. This morning we begin with classroom work, and this afternoon will hold our daily eucharist with the blessing of our icons, so the rush to be on time is a tad less urgent. It seems to be ever thus in my life!

See you on the flip side, and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I am so envious of this experience. Your icon is beautiful. I love the idea that he was prayed into being.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails